Become an Adopt-a-Shelf Volunteer and Help Support the Library
The Used Book Sale at the Lower Providence Community Library is one of the fundraising activities sponsored by the Friends of the Library. Funds received from the used book sale are given directly to the library to sponsor children and adult programs, purchase audio visual aids, computers and books.
Volunteers are needed in the Used Book Area to shelve books, keep the area stocked, neat and organized. Being part of the Adopt-a-Shelf program will help ensure the Used Book Sale area is maintained, making it easier for our patrons to find books.
Requirements and Responsibilities
- Adopt-a-Shelf Volunteers should be at least 12 years old or a family that would like to work together
- Volunteers should be able to work for at least an hour every two weeks
- Adopt-a-Shelf Volunteers will be assigned or can request a section of the Used Book Sale to take care of
- File new books on shelves as space permits
- Keep shelves neat and organized
How Do I Adopt-a-Shelf?
Fill out the form below so we can contact you.