Have Fun and Support Your Library by Becoming a “Friend”
The Friends meet on the second Thursday of the month from 7:00-8:30pm, in the library community room. All are welcome.
Dear Library Patron,
Would you like to assist your library in an important way? Consider supporting the Friends!
The Friends of the Lower Providence Community Library are a small group of volunteers committed to enhancing the materials and services of the Lower Providence Community Library. We are members of the national Pennsylvania Citizensfor Better Libraries.
We meet the second Thursday of every month to socialize and plan our programs and functions. Simply by attending one of our monthly meetings, an individual may become a “Friend”, receive notification of upcoming events, and may also elect to receive the minutes of our monthly meetings.
Please consider joining – we welcome all levels ofinvolvement. Our goals are established for the next year and we need your help to make them happen!
With your assistance, our community-based service organization can continue to:
- Act as a liaison between the community and the Library Board
- Organize various fund raising efforts throughout the year to support the book and materials budgets
- Organize and maintain the used book sale, including the Cabin Fever Sale
- Sponsor children and adult programs throughout the year
- Recycle unsold books through donations to Norristown State Hospital, VA Hospital, Nursing Homes Homeless Shelters and Correctional Facilities
- Bring new people together and support the quality of life in Lower Providence
Our goals for the year are to:
- Raise funds to make a $15,000 donation for new additions to the library’s collection
- Enhance the resources of our community facility
I would like to be contacted to attend a meeting and help at Friend’s activities:
Error: Contact form not found.